Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the last ripe tomatoe

I picked my last ripe tomato yesterday. Thanks to the difficult but necessary aggressive pruning a few weeks ago, I am left with 3 good sized green tomatoes, and that is a lot less then in past years, so that mid august prune really did help grow and ripen the last of my harvest. I can't help but feel like I barely scratched the surface on what I wanted to accomplish this year, as we are well into fall here in the poconos. But I guess with my son's cancer, I have an excuse. Except that if there was some type of "emergency" where I would need to be ready, I am not and it makes me unhappy. In the next few weeks along with trying to get some wood chopped for winter, I am going to work on the list for spring. What I want to get done, what I need to get in order to accomplish my goals and how I can on a shoestring budget bring it all to fruition. what's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment