Tuesday, September 7, 2010

oh so good....

Oregano oil....I am making oregano oil today from my herb garden. These are some fresh young growths after I cut the garden all back and dried most of the oregano. I took some of the leaves and ground them up in the food processor with some olive oil, then strained it through some cheese cloth. I then pour it into a small bottle adding a whole spring of oregano to decorate it. It is simply delicious on bruschetta, added to a little spaghetti, and even spread on the crust of homemade pizza. Also excellent for salad dressing. There is also medicinal uses for Oregano, but it is not the "standard" grown herb, and differs slightly. I grow both types, once for the more medicinal uses and one for eating, but both are delicious and can be added to your favorite dishes. The medicinal type is Oregano oil made from Origanum Vulgare more on that tomorrow....yum..time for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment